Wednesday, June 10, 2009

failed

Well, at my 28-week appointment, I failed all the tests.  First of all, I have very low iron.  It's low enough that I am now taking my regular pre-natal vitamin, and then two extra iron pills throughout the day.  Although, it really hasn't been a problem yet (and it's been a week), I have a feeling that I may not be...uh...regular for the next three months!

On a more serious note, I also failed the glucose test.  This means that Tuesday (yesterday) I had to go back for a more diagnostic test that lasted three hours.  The result is that I have gestational diabetes.  Now that I've cried for two days, I'm ready to try to take care of it.  I'm waiting to hear back from the dietitian so that I can meet with them to determine our next steps.  Until then I am watching what I eat, and Charlie is helping me by walking with me in the evenings.

I bought this yesterday for our beautiful Bea...




I can't wait to see her in it!

Last day of school was Monday. Mom helped me pack things up for my move to Prairie Creek.  I have meetings most of the next few weeks, but I'm looking forward to getting that nursery ready in July!  Expect pictures in a couple weeks, Grandma Howe and Grandma Braun are throwing me a family shower in a week and a half!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, sorry about the G.D.! I had to go back for the 3 hour test, so unpleasant! But thankfully I passed that one. Cute cute outfit!

    ReplyDelete