Thursday, December 25, 2008

christmas eve announcement

Tonight we got a call from Charlie's parents. They wanted to let us know that no one is coming for Christmas tomorrow -- it will just be us. They were wondering what we were doing tonight, and if we wanted to just come out there.

It was very funny actually, because Charlie said, "Let me check with Dona and I'll call you right back." When he got off the phone to tell me I said, "So we can go out there right now and tell them tonight??!!!" He laughed. As he was calling them back to tell them that we were on our way, I was pushing us out the door.

When we got there, we talked, drank eggnog (except me), and then ate supper. Meanwhile I was bursting inside! We opened presents from them. They got us a Wii!! Which was exciting! I also got a gift card for a manicure and pedicure. I think I will be waiting until I am big and uncomfortable this summer -- then treat myself! Finally, it was time for the present from us!

Earlier, I had wrapped a frame with this photo in it:



Kathleen opened it, and of course couldn't really tell what it was. I turned it so it was facing the right way, and soon she got it! She screamed, jumped up and down a bit, and immediately called her sister Julie! Meanwhile, Larry was still trying to figure it out. As the Kathleen was waiting for Julie to pick up the phone, she said to Larry, "She pregnant!". Hugs all around. :-)

The rest of the evening was posting status messages on Facebook, making phone calls to family, and enjoying the evening. Finally, everyone that needed to know had been told and now we could let the world know!

No comments:

Post a Comment