Sunday, December 21, 2008

who are those for?

With Christmas just a week away Charlie and I decided that we'd take advantage of the timing and tell our families as a "Christmas gift". Honestly, it's been killing me to keep it inside...but Charlie's right on this one.

I went out last night to purchase some baby bibs and fabric markers. I made two bibs and wrapped them to give to my parents at the party.



Our Christmas celebration is basically: eating lunch, getting presents from Santa, the kids open presents from the adults, and last, the adults do their own fun gift exchange where they play a game and steal gifts from each other, etc. It's pretty fun. We waited until all the gift giving was over, and then we had my parents open their gift together. Everyone watched.

They held up the bibs and everyone looked confused. Later, several family members told me they thought we were making fun of Dad somehow because he sometimes doesn't realize that he has food on his face! Finally, my nephew said, "Who are those for?" and I replied (while pointing to the two of us), "For the baby that we are going to have in August!" Long pause. Loud celebration.

Everyone was very happy for us, of course. Jeanne was worried about the kidney situation. She came over to us and said, "Are you sure that everything is OK since you only have one kidney?" Charlie, always witty, immediately responded with "Oh yeah, there's more room in there! This kid is in FIRST CLASS"! He further demonstrated his point by stretching out his body, putting his feet up on the coffee table with his hands clasped behind his head.

No comments:

Post a Comment